|Date||Price Action||Change %||Price Level|
|5 Nov, 2019||On Sale||-10.04%||average|
|3 Nov, 2019||On Sale||-2.75%||average|
|2 Nov, 2019||On Sale||14.31%||highest|
|29 Aug, 2019||Price Drop||-12.08%||average|
|27 Aug, 2019||Price Increase||14.39%||high|
Amazon.com price change % swings above and below average price
Discussion and Reviews on Reddit
Keto NOT WORKING [R]8 months agoBeanFlickerd posted submission on keto.
March 13, 2019
I have done keto twice now. First time around I cheated too often and went above my daily carb limit. However, I restarted keto about a month ago. This is my problem; I'm not losing ANY weight or ANY inches. When I say ANY, I mean any. I've actually gone up a few pounds. I workout frequently (mainly HIIT workouts) at least 4 times a week.
Since this is my second go around and I thought I knew what I did wrong last time, I haven't had one cheat meal, one high carb item, and have NEVER gone above my macros or calories (1,200) per day. I eat 18 total grams of carbs a day. I have done everything right; not too much protein, I do 16:8 IF, the whole nine yards. I just need help and an explanation as to WHY this is happening to me? I've given up so many things I love because I want to take this seriously and lose about 15-20 pounds.
May 9, 2019
I got 150 test strips for like $7... Maybe "jump start" was a poor term. BHB acts as natural ketones till your body produces them. If your life requires you to be on top of your game and cannot afford down time BHB while not free will help you avoid the drain in that 48 hour period. Imagine being new to ketosis and constantly falling out of ketosis, a short two day period multiplied every time a mistake is made or you slip up.
Checking your ketones while not using BHB will help make sure your diet is in check and help you find out what works and what doesn't. Personal experiences vary, you do better without it while others may find it useful. Obsessing over anything is bad. Finding what works for you is what is important.
New to reddit, new to Keto! [R]1 year, 4 months agoJuly 15, 2018
July 15, 2018
Also, to check if you’re in ketosis, get these:
Nurse Hatty - Ketone Strips 150ct. NOW Made in USA - NEW & IMPROVED - Professional Grade Ketone Test Strips to Benefit Your Ketogenic, Paleo, Atkins & Diabetic Diets + Brand New BONUS PDF Edu. Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016Z5XZP0/ref=cmswrcpapi_MWWsBbAT6J8E2
Getting Ready to Embark on this 4HB Journey [R]1 year, 4 months agoMattTheFlash posted submission on 4hourbodyslowcarb.
July 6, 2018
So I'm going for my BOD POD on July 12th and here in the east coast the cheapest option I found was $75 on a "first come first serve" basis at a college. The other option was a whopping million dollars (ok - exaggerating) but lets just say my cortisol shot through the roof at the thought of paying THAT MUCH.
Anyway, I'm preparing to get some of the other items Tim recommends. For those of you who've had success with the Slow Carb Diet, what items do you think are most necessary? Is the Escali Scale worth getting? I know food is one of the biggest pillars of this body recom but what will this scale do that I can't already see on the nutrition label lmao
So far I've gotten the ESSENTIALS: like all the items he recommends for building muscle/working out: kettlebells, thera bands
I plan to get the supplements throughout the next few weeks (any that you guys definitely recommend from the book?/ones you can do without?)
Any recommendaitons, advice, tips are gladly welcome!
July 8, 2018
It sounds like you are definitely on the right path, but don't just limit the white carbs, eliminate them entirely. No more rice. Try getting some of those ketone indicator strips to find out how ketogenic you currently are.
New here! [R]1 year, 4 months agostarfish31 posted submission on vegetarianketo.
June 28, 2018
I'm 49 and had to stop running a few years ago because of an injury. My weight is the highest it's been since pregnancy (My youngest is 15!!!), and I'm so discouraged. I can't do diets I've done in the past because I wasn't vegetarian then. This seems like a good option.
I'm working on getting back to regular modified workouts, but my food is a lot of my problem. I hope that by joining a group like this it will help me stay motivated and I could find great tips on logging food and keeping track of net carbs (I'm JUST now starting the program, so I'm really overwhelmed).
Any advice you have for beginners, I will certainly appreciate it. After work tonight I plan to scroll through these threads and get caught up a bit.
June 29, 2018
I'm also pretty new. Some things that helped me when I first started:
- Electrolytes. Add 1/4 tsp lite salt & 1/2 tbsp magnesium citrate to your water (with some 0-carb flavoring, like Mio). Drink this at least a couple times a day for the first week or two. Eat spinach & avocado. Salt your food.
- Eggs, low carb veggies, olives, cheese, salsa, hot sauce, mustard, pickles, tofu, tempeh, flax seed, chia seed, hemp seed, cacao nibs, almond flour, coconut flour, cauliflower rice, Boca burgers, fathead pizza dough, coconut & olive oil
- Chia seed pudding: ratio of 1 tbsp chia seeds to 1/4 cup almond milk, add spices, other seeds, berries, nut butter, canned pumpkin, etc. Cook on stovetop or store in fridge for at least a few hours.
- This flax seed bread recipe. I make it into 12 muffins & store them in the fridge. That website also has good information via podcast & blog posts if you browse.
- Cronometer app keeps track of net carbs, whereas MyFitnessPal does not (unless you pay for premium). While you learn how to keto, plan your meals and snacks the night before so you have a plan for the next day & can stay within your net carb goal.
- If you have a hypoglycemic episode while you adjust to low carb, drink the electrolyte drink above and eat some berries, plain greek yogurt, &/or peanut butter. They're higher carb but still workable into your macros and can help.
- Keto sticks are often talked down upon as they're not completely accurate of nutritional ketosis. But with that being said, for newbs, it's 1. fun to test your urine for ketones, 2. will give you an idea if you're in ketosis & what foods may knock you out of ketosis. I have these & recommend them.
Advice for fasters: Remember that discomfort comes in waves. Almost broke my fast today [R]1 year, 10 months agoWeCaredALot posted submission on fasting.
Jan. 16, 2018
I'm on Day 5 of my fast. I didn't want to set a specific end date; I'm just going to go for as long as I can as long as I go longer than my first fast (3 days).
I was super close to breaking my fast today, and if it weren't for some meetings at work, I probably would have. I woke up with a fast heart rate, lethargy, my mouth was dry (dehydration, I know), and just a general feeling of malaise. Then suddenly, about 1 hour after getting to work, I felt much, much better. And I didn't even start drinking any water until after I started to feel better.
I'm not sure what causes these random spells. I've been in deep ketosis since I started using my ketosis strips on Day 3. Someone mentioned on a different website that sometimes these spells are from the body trying to coax us into eating something and then giving up when we don't feed it.
This was good to know because now I feel like I can make it through the day. Just wanted to post this for anyone who's fasting and struggling to get past any uncomfortable feelings. As always, listen to your intuition/instinct, but give yourself a few minutes to see if the spell passes before breaking your fast.
Jan. 16, 2018
They're strips that you pee on to test the level of ketones in your urine -- i.e. whether you're in ketosis or not.
Here's an example of some: https://www.amazon.com/Nurse-Hatty%C2%AE-IMPROVED-Professional-Ketogenic/dp/B016Z5XZP0/ref=sr13sit?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1516141878&sr=1-3&keywords=keto+sticks